Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

THE best donut recipe ever!

Came across this recipe while looking to make a treat on a windy wintery day and wow! I used our whole grain, regular flour made with hard red spring wheat. While the recipe called for all-purpose refined flour, the donuts turned out excellent with our flour. I ran out of milk so I used water and mixed in some yogurt to make "milk" substitute.

My digital camera is currently m.i.a. so you'll just have to take my word for it that these baked donuts made from whole grain, whole wheat, unsifted flour turned out light and fluffy and taste amazing. The pile that I made this afternoon is quickly disappearing as I type. Here is the recipe...I made sure to heed the warning about overcooking.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I see. So we have to have pancake smackdown AND a doughnut smackdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try this one! Sorry you're getting so much snow. I don't even want to tell you how nice it is here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really great. I am no baker, but these turned out nice and fluffy. Better than Timmy's donuts. Baked, not fried. I even cut the dough out with a heart shaped cookie cutter! I left a few of them without sugar coating and the kids used them as sandwich buns.

    ReplyDelete