Pages

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Meet Bubbles


I still have to post for Monday the 3rd. I didn't get any pictures of us gathering the hay, but we still have a little more to do tonight so I will get some photos and post tomorrow. I thought I would take the opportunity to introduce everyone to our new boar, Bubbles. I have no idea why I named him that way. He is a bit of a goof though, so perhaps that is why I gave him such a name. From the day we got him a couple months ago, he would flip over on his back for a belly scratch at every opportunity. He is very vocal when he greets me each morning and has a squeaky sort of trumpety grunt that is unusual. Bubbles just seems to fit him. As he is young, I have had to go slowly with him as I introduce him to our sows. Right now, I have a sow in with him and they are starting to get to know each other and are settling down. Once they are buddies, I will move our other sow in with him and things should go smoothly. He is gaining weight and is a tremendous looking pig. I am guessing that he weighs well over 200 pounds now.

No comments:

Post a Comment